Nursing Negligence Attorney In Palm Beach County
Many people think that only doctors can be sued for medical malpractice. However, nurses can also commit medical malpractice. This type of malpractice occurs when nurses make mistakes or act carelessly toward their patients. In Florida, nurses are negligent when they fail to perform their duties in a reasonably competent manner.
Do Nurses Deserve Our Trust?
Patients and their families put a lot of trust in nurses. It can be a shocking experience when patients realize they have been harmed by a nurse’s care. These are some of the ways that nurses may act negligently and potentially commit malpractice:
- Failing to comply with hospital procedures
- Failing to properly monitor patients’ conditions
- Failing to attend to their patients’ needs in a timely manner
- Failing to follow doctors’ orders
- Administering medications incorrectly
- Failing to provide patients’ doctors with status reports
- Failing to act properly in emergency situations
- Using medical equipment incorrectly
At Matthew Lane & Associates, P.A., we are passionate about obtaining justice for patients who have been harmed by health care professionals. We work hard to obtain all of the compensation that our clients deserve. We care about our clients and are honored to have the opportunity to bring justice into their lives.
Get Answers To Your Questions From An Experienced Malpractice Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been harmed by a nurse’s misconduct, and you are not sure what to do next, we would be glad to meet with you and provide you with information you can use to help make the best possible decision. Call us at our Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach Gardens or Orlando office, or complete the form on this page to set up a free initial consultation.