West Palm Beach Alimony Attorney
At the Lane Law Firm, P.A., we draw on our legal, financial, and business acumen to effectively advise clients on all aspects of alimony litigation. Backed by decades of experience, our law firm provides skilled and sophisticated guidance in navigating the often-complicated issues that arise in alimony disputes.
We are familiar with the intricacies surrounding all facets of this area of law, and have substantial experience assisting clients in establishing, contesting, and modifying alimony awards.Florida Law Concerning Alimony
In awarding alimony, some of the statutory factors that Florida Courts consider are:
- whether the recipient has an actual need for alimony, and whether the payor has the ability to pay alimony
- the standard of living that was established by the parties during their marriage and the anticipated needs and necessities of life for both of the parties after they are divorced
- the length of the parties’ marriage
- the age of each of the parties, and their physical, mental and emotional condition
- each party’s financial resources, including their income and marital and nonmarital and assets and liabilities
- each of the party’s earning capacities, and, if applicable, the time required for either of the parties to acquire sufficient training and education to find appropriate employment
- each party’s contribution to the marriage, including, without limitation, services rendered in childcare, education, homemaking, and career building
- each of the party’s responsibilities for their minor children after the conclusion of the dissolution proceedings
- any other factor that the court finds to be necessary to accomplish a fair and equitable result
To schedule a consultation with an experienced alimony attorney, call our office at: (561) 363-3400, or contact us online. We have office locations in Boca Raton, Palm Beach Gardens and Wellington, Florida.